If you are looking to open your own business and get into the vertical of home services, franchising might be an ideal solution. Statistics show that in the US, residential services franchises are in the top 5 most popular industries for utilizing this business model.
If you are a first-time business investor, then owning a home services franchise can provide many unique benefits and advantages. In this article, we will walk you through the industry and why operating a franchise is a great idea both financially and for your lifestyle.
Home Services Franchises
Home services is a relatively broad industry that covers a wide range of home repairs and maintenance verticals. Some examples of businesses fulfilling this type of work include:
- Home inspection companies
- HVAC installers
- Cleaning services
- Blinds and windows installers
- General repairs
- Pool services
As a whole, the home service industry covers skills that are in high demand, making it ideal for those who are looking to invest in their own company. Taking the franchise business model to this frees up resources so you can focus on providing services rather than building your business from the ground up. If you’d like to learn how to become a home inspector, click here.
Why Are Home Service Franchises So Popular
The home services industry is booming right now. There are a number of different reasons why growth is being driven so well in this field.
To start with, online and mobile bookings have vastly increased in popularity, on-demand services in particular. Online marketplace provider Yelo, pegs this to be worth $600 billion at the moment. People want to be able to find home services providers quickly and easily. Fortunately for home-service companies who offer their services on-demand, online access has helped to drive more business their way.
Furthermore, people always need these types of services. Tenants change in buildings requiring a home inspector, pipes start leaking and need a plumber, faulty wires have to be seen to by an electrician, and so on. The skills and qualifications needed to do these jobs are very specific, and therefore, demand is always at a high level.
Home services are also necessary for increasing or maintaining the value of a home. Anyone who wants to keep their property investment in shape and growing in value makes use of these sorts of services.
Not only are professionals needed to take on difficult home services jobs, but people also have a lot less time to do these things themselves. Families tend to have more money to spend on home improvements these days, with less time to do it them themselves. This is a good sign for home services franchises.
With people wanting to improve their daily lifestyles, home services have become more in demand. This allows homeowners to increase their property value while freeing up more time in their lives.
Investing in a Home Services Franchise
Starting your own business is always going to be a challenge. Fortunately, opening a home services franchise provides you with plenty of useful tools to make things a bit easier. With this business model, you won’t be starting completely from scratch. You will get to use a known brand name that will help you to attract customers for your business.
Franchises also offer more support. This means that you will get help with things like general admin, marketing, advertising, and setting the business up. Franchises allow you to work with people who are already experienced and established in this industry. This makes getting started a whole lot easier, as you can rely on the franchise to help you to build your business, making it a quicker way to find success in this industry.
Franchisors will support you with things like training and operating procedures. They will provide you with some well-established guidelines to help grow your business from an area of expertise. The franchise will still be your business, just with the help and background of established industry experts. Learn about owning a home inspection franchise in New York.
Benefits of Owning a Home Service Franchise
Opening a home services franchise can come with a number of great advantages. Here are some of the main ones.
- You will get to build your business much faster thanks to the tools and support provided by the franchise. This allows you to start your business with a trusted name and operating procedures – something that usually takes business owners some time to establish themselves.
- Opening a franchise allows you to access an existing base of loyal customers. Especially in an industry like home services – having happy, loyal customers who trust you is crucial. This is a benefit that you can enjoy by operating under an established brand name.
- Home services in particular are a great way to fulfill customer’s needs and provide them with a much-needed service. Doing this helps to spread your business’s reputation through word of mouth. It also allows you to build strong relationships with your customers.
- A big benefit of operating a home services business is that you do not necessarily require a permanent location. Instead of being based in an office with overheads, you can use your home as a base. From there, you can travel to your customers as they call. This can reduce your business expenses and prevent unnecessary admin.
- Launching a franchise is often a lot more affordable than starting your business from the ground up. Thanks to the help that you get from your franchisor, many costs, such as marketing, can decrease, helping you to speed up business growth.
- With a home services franchise, you get access to systems that are proven to work. Things like staff, accounting, marketing, and admin can all be done under operational systems that the franchise has already established. This makes running your business easier, with fewer surprises along the way.
Starting a Home Services Franchise
Whether you are going to pursue a business in plumbing, landscaping, renovations, or electrical, there are some lucrative franchise opportunities out there. This can be a very smart way to launch a new venture, allowing your career dreams to come true. Home services franchising comes with many advantages, and it is one of the best ways for first-time business owners to get a foot through the door.
Learn Why Housemaster Franchise is an Ideal Home Services Franchise for You